I have had a lot of people ask me what is a good deal, what’s rock bottom, couponing tips, and what they can get for free. Determining the “rock bottom” price means you need to track prices in your area. One location’s rock bottom varies greatly from another. For example, here in Utah my rock bottom is about $0.25 to $1.00 higher than the rock bottom price people can get in states that double coupons.
But, no matter where you live there are some items you can ALWAYS get for free with coupons. There are coupons for free stuff out there, but you have to know where to look. Also, these coupons aren’t out year-round, so you need to scoop them up and wait to use them on the right sale. If you want to see what coupons for free stuff are out right now, visit the weekly “What’s Free This Week” post.
Do you have some ideas or know of a product you can always get for free? Leave a comment and share!
10 Things You Can Always Get for Free with Coupons
1. Toothpaste — Including Colgate Total and other specialty toothpaste brands. The only one I cannot get for free (so far) is Rembrandt Whitening. Sometimes Rite Aid and Walgreens offer deals that give you reward points back. For example, pay $2.99, receive $2.00 in rewards (which kick in after you buy the product), but if you have a $1/1 coupon, you got your toothpaste for free. So these deals count too.
2. Floss — I always get Reach brand floss for free. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I paid for floss. With the right printable coupon you can get $1/1 Reach Floss and Walmart has these at an every day price of $0.97. In fact, there’s a Reach coupon out right now.
3. Barbecue Sauce – I used to think the lowest I could get barbecue sauce was $0.15 per bottle. I had these great $1/1 coupons and used them in a sale. Then Winco put their same barbecue sauce on sale and I would have not only gotten the barbecue sauce for free, but earned $0.18 per bottle! So yes, save those coupons because you can always get it for free. If you’re desperate, you can get it for $0.25 and below until a free sale comes along.
4. Shaving Cream – Yes, you can even get your favorite, silky, moisturizing shaving cream for free. Gillette is notorious for offering high value coupons on shaving cream. In fact, in a post just the other day I discussed this awesome coupon and how you can get free shaving cream. When Smith’s has the right sale, they’ll have shaving cream for as low as $1.25 per bottle and with the right coupon you’ll get them for free too. Again, if you’re desperate make a goal to not pay more than $0.25, because you can easily get that.
5. Single Eye shadows – Dollar Tree, Walmart and Target have single eye shadows for $1 and under. You can get these for free with coupons. Also, their clearance section has killer deals on eye shadow. Target had a Rimmel eye shadow pack for $1.48 and I had a $2/1 coupon — I earned money!
6. Pens and Highlighters – Bic releases high value coupons for office supplies that can score you free pens and highlighters a few times per year. They’ve already released the coupons this month, but I’m sure more will come.
7. Feminine Products – Yes, that’s right you can get feminine products for free! Rite Aid and Walgreens usually have killer deals that score you free products. Most are buy now, save later deals (which I hate), but if you want something for free, it works. Stayfree and Carefree are two products I’ve never paid a dime for.
8. Turkey Bacon – Walgreens sells Butterball Turkey Bacon a few times per year at $0.99. There are always $1/1 coupons floating around, so I haven’t paid for turkey bacon in quite awhile.
9. Nail Polish – Sally Hansen and Wet n’ Wild are notorious for offering coupons for free stuff. They often release $1/1 coupons and since their products are regularly priced that low, you usually get nail polish for free! I refuse to pay more than $0.25 for a bottle of nail polish — and that includes OPI brand.
10. Toothbrushes – Never pay for toothbrushes. These are one of the easiest items to get for free! Right now there is a Reach toothbrush coupon for $2/1 Reach Brand Toothbrushes 2pk Printable Coupon and $1/1 Reach Brand Toothbrush Printable Coupon. These are constantly on sale at Walgreens and Rite Aid and I can’t remember the last toothbrush I paid for. These are good quality toothbrushes too!
So how do you get coupons for free stuff? There are printable coupons and newspaper coupons. The Sunday paper is jammed pack — some weeks there are six inserts! Start scouring the printable coupon sites, like SavingStar (load to your loyalty card and use in addition to manufacturer coupons!), Coupons.com, SmartSource.com, CouponNetwork.com and RedPlum. Also, get a subscription to a Sunday paper (click here for $0.38 per week) or pick up your papers for $1 each on Sunday at Walmart.